Amanda’s practice is concentrated on the defense of insureds, companies, and employers in cases involving workers’ compensation, employer liability, including Federal and State employment discrimination and wrongful termination law, auto and trucking liability, premises liability, products liability, general insurance defense, and appellate litigation. Her practice includes representing clients before administrative agencies and Federal and State courts, as well as providing proactive advice and counseling to employers in various areas of workers’ compensation and employment law.
Amanda is admitted to practice in all Alabama courts including the United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts. She is a member of the Birmingham and Alabama Bar Associations.
Areas of Practice
- Appellate Practice
- Automobile Litigation
- Commercial Transportation and Trucking Litigation
- Employer Liability
- Employment Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Retaliatory Discharge Liability
- Workers’ Compensation
- Wrongful Termination
- Wrongful Death
- General Insurance Defense
- Won summary judgment in favor of employer in case of termination in retaliation of filing workers’ compensation claim.
- Won summary judgment in favor of trucking company and employee driver in wrongful death case involving 18-wheeler motor vehicle accident.
- Won defense verdict in favor of employer in workers’ compensation case involving issue of employment contribution to idiopathic fall.
- Successfully represented employer in multiple matters before the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Alabama State Bar
- Birmingham Bar Association
Amanda lives in Birmingham with her husband Bruce, daughter Ava, and golden retriever Molly.